How Are We Saved?
This session presents what the Catholic Church teaches about how we may merit to attain eternal life in heaven though our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Jesus paid the highest price possible to give us the greatest gift possible, namely access to eternal life in heaven. God now offers that payment to us as a pure gift―one that we are free to accept or reject. Many New Testament passages are used to help attendees realize we are called to a three-fold response to accept God’s gracious gift of salvation: faith, charitable good works, and partaking of the graces offered by the sacraments of the Church―especially Baptism and Eucharist
For more information, please see:
- View/Download PowerPoint Slides (without videos): How Are We Saved?
- Why Was Christ’s Passion Necessary? by Steven R. Hemler
- How Are We Saved? by Steven R. Hemler
- A Catholic Response to Christians Who Believe Baptism is Not Necessary for Salvation and the “Once Saved Always Saved” Doctrine, by Julie Onderko
- Reference DVDs and Books on Salvation