Why Would a Loving God Allow Evil, Pain and Suffering?
If God loves us so much and is so powerful, why does He allow us to suffer from the effects of evil human behavior, physical and emotional pain and disease, and natural disasters? This apologetics presentation looks at how the greatest Christian thinkers of all time have dealt with the problem of evil and the mystery of suffering in a world made and pronounced “good” by God. This will help us and those we love become better, instead of bitter, when facing hardships and difficulties.
God allows suffering to teach us spiritual truths, to build our character, and to help us become more like Him. Christians find that even the suffering and hardships in our lives are signs of God’s love and opportunities for spiritual growth, if we turn to God and place our hope and trust in Him.
For more information, please see:
- View/Download PowerPoint Slides (without videos): Why Would a Loving God Allow Evil, Pain and Suffering?
- Why Does God Allow Evil and Injustice? by Steven R. Hemler
- Why Does God Allow Pain and Suffering? by Steven R. Hemler
- Why Turn To Jesus When We Are Hurting? by Steven R. Hemler
- Reference DVDs and Books on Suffering
- VIDEO: Can God Bring Good from Suffering?
- VIDEO: What is the Answer to Suffering?
- VIDEO: CAINA’s Presentation on Why Would a Loving God Allow Evil, Pain, and Suffering?